Friday, May 6, 2011

East Village Studio

This renovation design is called the East Village Studio by JPDA. The purpose behind this design was to maximize the space available. I think the design thought of a very unique way to address this purpose while maintaining the clean aesthetic look. By transforming the stair steps into drawers, the designer managed to create more storage space in a discrete way. I think it's very neat having stairs that work as drawers as well.
Although this design isn't suitable for a room, I think it would work very well for any last-minute sleepover. Also, I think it would be fun to sleep in a different place once in a while. In my case, I like staying in a clamp space because it gives me a sense of security. I think it would be fun sleeping with almost no negative space around you. The bed just above the stairscase seems like an interesting place to sleep for a night or two, but I think a fence might be needed so the person sleeping on the bed won't fall down the stairs accidentally.
I really like how the designer manipulated the space within the stairs and transformed the useless space into storage spaces. By doing so, the designer was able to maximize the floor plan space.

No comments:

Post a Comment