Friday, May 20, 2011

Natsumi Hayashi: Floating

I recently stumbled across a 'floating girl' called Natsumi Hayashi. Hayashi appears to be floating in these photos, making her look weightless in the air.
Using shutter speed, the photographer is able to take snap shots of Hayashi jumping in the air, creating the illusion of her floating gracefully in mid air. She did not use photoshop or any computer program to create this floating effect. The technique was simple, but the creativeness behind it was exceptional.
I think Hayashi's photos are very inspirational and interesting. I think she is trying to give people the image of a carefree person who doesn't have anything weighing her down. The pressure from family, work and school acts like gravity. If a person frees herself/himself from all those pressures, would they be able to float like Hayashi in those photos?
I really like the concept behind this idea, because it motivates me to go easier on myself and not let the stress of school and social life tie me down as much. Furthermore, the photographs were taken beautifully. If I had the chance, I would love to attempt these 'floating' photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment