Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gameboy Color Skin iPhone 4 sticker

I recently came across this product from shortsleevealliance while I was on Etsy.
I find it interesting covering one of the most advance technology today with one of the oldest. When I first looked at it, I thought it was only a Gamboy Color and reminisced about my childhood. When i realized it was only a skin/sticker, I was quite fascinated because people like myself are often intrigued by something old rather than new. We tend to cling onto the past, even though the past did not have the best technologies or graphics. I guess it is the nostalgic feelings within everyone that attracts them to old technologies like Gameboy Color. We would always say, "I remember I used to love playing that when I was a kid! How nostalgic!". Even though there are new technologies coming out every year, there are always people who deemed their childhood generation had the best creations. In some ways, I think like that as well. We only have the technologies we have today because of the older generation. If gameboys were never created, people would be not able to improve on it and come out with gaming systems like Wii and PSP. If Alexander Graham Bell did not invent the first phone in 1870s, people would not be able to improve it into cell phones like the iPhone. As advanced as we are today, we are only improving on what the past invented.

No comments:

Post a Comment